The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications under the Environment Unit for the position of Carbon Project Advisor. As a Carbon Project Advisor you will be responsible for the development and completion of a document on the carbon landscape to raise awareness for First Nations in Ontario. You’ll oversee all requirements for project delivery that will involve effective communication, coordination, research, engagement, and reporting. As an Environment team member, you will work independently and collaboratively with the team under the supervision of the Director of Environment or designate.
Location: Flexible. Work from Home or Hybrid options are available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing a project team to develop carbon document
- Coordinating and assisting the project team with carbon document development
- Facilitate and establish communications for networking, raising awareness, and keeping abreast of carbon landscape movements
- Draft correspondence, reports and office communications for reporting and outreach
- Establish a First Nations focus group for carbon document review and input
- Coordinate completion of document for distribution to First Nations
- Participate in environment and climate efforts and relevant meetings. Travel may be required.
Relevant Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in the environmental field
- 4 + years of work experience in the environment field
- Working knowledge of First Nations governance structure, traditions, culture, and understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown
- Experience working with First Nations, universities, research institutions, nongovernmental organizations, and provincial and federal governments
- Proficiency in MS and computer application skills (word processing, spreadsheets, outlook, powerpoint, internet, Zoom, MS Teams)
- Excellent communication, research, analytical and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting and external entities
- Ability to work independently and meet target timelines
Duration: February 2023 to March 31, 2024 (renewable based on available funding)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Successful Candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references marked confidential to: