The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Data Analyst: Education. The Education Data Analyst is a highly skilled professional that will be part of a dynamic team. They provide statistical support for surveys and/ or data collection and analysis processes as may be required by the COO Education Sector. The Education Data Analyst must have relevant, recent and significant experience in data collection, data analysis, data linkage and presentation of data to a variety of audiences. Our ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills, enjoy working as a team, and have the ability to lead complex projects.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid work arrangement available)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the development and implementation of research projects.
- To contribute and work as a member of a professional team responsible for the implementation of surveys and data collection initiatives.
- Conduct data analysis and linkage to ensure accuracy and interpretation of the data and support all aspects of survey projects and processes.
- Provide data analysis support for research projects. As well, identify significant factors and key trends as they relate to First Nations.
- Provide comparative analyses between data sources using appropriate statistical methods.
- Prepare written reports, dashboards and oral presentations summarizing findings, including detailed description of statistical methods, detailed analysis of results and synthesis of conclusions for a variety of audiences.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with associated national and regional teams, with respect for diversity, consensus-building judgment, values and ethics.
- To regularly interface and work in conjunction with the Province of Ontario and the Government of Canada to access and analyze data and information related to the lifelong learning continuum.
- Participate in meetings as may be assigned.
- Maintain effective record and file documentation under the protocols and procedures of the organization.
- Maintain, protect and respect the confidentiality of the data, survey respondents, and security protocols and procedures of the Chiefs of Ontario.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Travel will be required from time to time.
- Experience working with a range of government and non-government stakeholders.
- Experience conducting research, data analysis and data linkage in relation to First Nations education.
- Knowledge of socio-demographic, statistical principles and methods as applied to the analysis of lifelong learning and other related issues.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner.
- Experience working with First Nation organizations or communities a definite asset.
- Experience working with administrative education data is an asset.
- Experience with First Nations research methods is an asset.
- Knowledge of First Nations data governance and research ethic principles is an asset.
- The preferred candidate will have experience with data linkages and databases and data extraction and linkage tools, however, training may be made available for otherwise qualified candidates.
*Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Successful Candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
DURATION: February 2023 to March 31, 2024, potential for renewable based on available funding.)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources