The Chiefs of Ontario are welcoming application for an RHS Coordinator, part of the Research and Data Management Team. This position will assist the Research Manager and is responsible for planning and coordination of initiatives in the Research and Data Management Sector.
LOCATION: Toronto (during the COVID-19 shut down the employee will work from their home office)
Must be able to work flexible hours during busy seasons: assemblies, outside Toronto meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recording, transcribing and preparing minutes of meetings and workshops
- Meeting preparation: agendas, estimates and booking location and venue, catering & travel
- Maintain an up to date directory of all related parties/agencies and organizations related to the sector
- Submit travel claims and cheque requisitions to ensure proper recording for finance department submission
- Set up workshops for in person meetings when able to and continue to set virtual/zoom meetings as needed
- Able to communicate clearly and respectfully with Leadership, government officials, First Nations Data Champions Team/ Advisory Committee members and Chiefs of Ontario staff, etc.
- Order supplies and other materials as requested
- Must be organized, able to work as a member of a team, and dedicated to technical accuracy with a strong analytical eye and attention to detail
- Participate in meetings as may be assigned. Travel may be required
- Responsible for general administrative duties as required.
Must be able to work flexible hours during busy seasons i.e. assembly seasons; out of town meetings, etc.
- Post-secondary Diploma in Office Administration or training certificates in different programs such MS-Word, MS-Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions, governance structure, cultures, and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown within Ontario.
- 3 to 5 years experience working with First Nation community or organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to participate in engagement, draft meeting summaries, reports and briefing materials, and actively participate in task teams, and working groups
- Proficiency in computer applications skills (word processing, spreadsheet, project scheduling, and internet)
- A valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Interpersonal skills and able to work within a team setting, within organization, and external agencies.
DURATION: November 1, 2021 to March 31, 2023 (potential for renewable based on available funding and performance)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Successful Candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Send letter of application, resume, and include two references marked confidential to: