The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Policy Analyst: Economic Development. The Analyst will be a key member of the Economic Strategic Division, which is in the process of being established. Our ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills, enjoy working as a team, and have the ability to lead complex projects.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement work plans related to First Nation economic development priorities.
- Conduct in-depth research, data collection, and analysis of policies and programs relating to economic development, finance, banking, and infrastructure.
- Coordinate and actively participate in relevant collaborative working groups and committees, including the Chiefs Committee on Economic Development and the Economic Development and Prosperity Table
- Support program development by assisting in planning, research and co- ordination of projects and activities.
- Assist the Economic Strategic Division with the interpretation of legislation, policies, and government programs related to economic development, finance, banking, and infrastructure.
- Prepare position and research papers, briefing notes, presentations and policy documents on required
- Participate in various meetings and functions with representatives of First Nations, provincial, and federal governments and other
- Develop and maintain partnerships with government ministries, First Nation communities and organizations to ensure effective dialogue and collaboration between
- Travel will be required (once pandemic restrictions are lifted).
- Relevant post-secondary education equivalent to an undergraduate or post-graduate degree, preferably in economics, finance, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, history, values and
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal legislation, policies, and programs
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent research, writing, and presentation
- Experience leading discussion groups and providing presentations to large
- Excellent organizational & information management
- Proficiency in Microsoft software
- Self-directed, motivated and able to work
- Adaptable and flexible to meet needs as they are determined.
DURATION: August 2021 – March 31, 2022, with the possibility of extension based on funding availability.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources