The Chiefs of Ontario are now accepting resumes for the position of NIHB Navigator. The NIHB Navigator is a part of the Health Department within the Chiefs of Ontario. They provide assistance role with advocacy, support and serve as a Liaison for First Nation Communities, Community Workers and Organizations to assist in resolving NIHB access issues by following with NIHB related client calls.
*Position will be remote/virtual until further notice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following up with NIHB related calls for assistance
- Assisting clients with appeals
- Work and liaison with First Nations, PTOs and Tribal Councils
- Liaise on NIHB issues with Ontario Region, Drug Exception Center, Dental Predetermination Center, FNIHB Offices in Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay.
- Work with the Southern Navigator on client cases as needed
- Provide awareness of NIHB through Information Booths
- Assistance with information to clients, service organizations, health organizations with communication tools
- Develop communication tools as needed
- Document all cases and outcome on a spreadsheet
- Map out referral patterns and systems to Specialist and Health Services
- Begin a Patient Discharge Information Tool for First Nations Clients/Health Workers/Health Providers
- Directory of Urban Services for First Nations and Medical Travel/Relocation
- On-going work with Communication Tools and GPS
- Relevant post secondary education.
- Experience in the field of work to be undertaken.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions, cultures, and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown.
- Experience with the First Nation and provincial education programming and policies
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Capacity to work effectively independently and as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Experience with data collection and analysis.
DURATION: January 3, 2021 – March 31, 2023
Successful Candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to: