Key messages: (Updated to include Ontario data)
- There were 87 new positive results among First Nations people as of July 4, 2021. This appears to be a return to previous levels after a spike of 129 new positives in the previous week. The number of positive results among First Nations to date is 4,766.
- The Southwest had nearly 70% of the new results among First Nations across Ontario this week. There appears to be an expanding outbreak there.
- Test volume was within normal variation In First Nations and across Ontario.
- The cumulative positivity rate is increasing only slightly in First Nations but steady across Ontario.
- The hospitalization rate among First Nations continues to increase. Death rate seems steady.
- Ontario rates for both hospitalization and death are holding steady.