The Chiefs of Ontario is inviting applications for the position of Director of Education. Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, the Director is expected to coordinate education related activities and support First Nation communities and organizations.
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario (During the Covid-19 office shut down, the employee will be working out of their home office)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain partnerships with government ministries, First Nations leaders, communities and organizations
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with external organizations with a similar mandate.
- Oversee the review, research and analysis of Education pertaining to Ontario First Nations.
- Develop and submit funding proposals to implement program requirements and projects related to Education.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the members of the Education team, to ensure adherence to all Chiefs of Ontario policies, and program goals.
- Oversee several political and technical committees to ensure First Nation participation and strategic leadership.
- Develop and implement a culturally appropriate program to collect, oversee and analyze Ontario First Nation data related to Education.
- Prepare communiqués, memos, briefing notes, speaking notes and media releases.
- Attend relevant meetings and gatherings
- Masters of Public Administration or related degree.
- Previous work in Public Administration and Education.
- Experience in proposal development and financial management.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of First Nation traditions cultures and values; understand the history and relationship between First Nations and the Crown.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Capacity to work effectively independently and as a member of a team to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Strong ability to analyze problems, recommend comprehensive solutions and mobilize resources for effective implementation.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; familiar with critical path planning and logistical requirements.
- Must be trustworthy, reliable and maintain confidentiality.
*Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
DURATION: March 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send letter of application, resume and include two references marked confidential to:
Ashley Nardella, Human Resources